Regatta Schedule (tentative)
The primary event for this fundraiser is the Fleur de Lis Regatta, kicking off on Friday night followed by two days of sailboat racing on the Ohio River near downtown Louisville, Kentucky. This location has been the mainstay for years and provides excellent viewing from under the tent on the Harbor Lawn, along with exciting challenges for racing because of the proximity of bridges and the downtown skyline. This is the only sailing event that is held at this location each year.
Friday Evening, September 5, 2014
- 5:30 - Captain's meeting/Crew First Mate Dinner
- First Mate and Sponsor pizza party
- Bring chairs, blanket and a cooler to enjoy the event
- Burgee Presentation
Saturday, September 6, 2014
- 2:00 - 7:00pm - Skippers meeting with first race at 11:00am
Noon-4pm - Watch the race from the Great Lawn as 30+ sailboats race the Ohio River for the trophy! Listen to live bands, enjoy arts and crafts, a drumming circle and delicious food from local food trucks. Bring your family and friends – the public is welcome!
- This year we are raffling off a 1979 MGB to benefit Gilda’s Club Louisville. More information about the raffle to be posted at a later date.
- 7:00pm to 9:00pm - Live music by one of Louisville's local bands (TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER)
Sunday, September 7, 2014
- 11:00am - First race (no skippers meeting)
- Noon-4pm - Watch the race from the Great Lawn from under the tent
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm - Awards ceremony