Regatta Schedule (tentative)
The primary event for this fundraiser is the Fleur de Lis Regatta, kicking off on Friday night followed by two days of sailboat racing on the Ohio River near downtown Louisville, Kentucky. This location has been the mainstay for years and provides excellent viewing from under the tent on the Harbor Lawn, along with exciting challenges for racing because of the proximity of bridges and the downtown skyline. This is the only sailing event that is held at this location each year.
Friday Evening, September 6, 2013
- 5:00 - Kick-off Celebration and meeting of the First Mates
- First Mate and Sponsor pizza party
- Bring chairs, blanket and a cooler to enjoy the event
- Burgee Presentation
Saturday, September 7, 2013
- 10:00am - Skippers meeting with first race at 11:00am
Noon-4pm - Watch the race from the Great Lawn as 30+ sailboats race the Ohio River for the trophy! Listen to live bands, enjoy arts and crafts, a drumming circle and delicious food from local food trucks. Bring your family and friends – the public is welcome!
- Silent Auction with thousands of dollars’ worth of goods and services donated by area businesses to benefit Gilda’s Club Louisville (auction ends at 8:00 pm)
- 7:00pm to 9:00pm - Live Celtic-infused music by Keltricity
Sunday, September 8, 2013
- 11:00am - First race (no skippers meeting)
- Noon-4pm - Watch the race from the Great Lawn from under the tent
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm - Awards ceremony